Hat Hire Policy
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE NOTE: Our Hat Hire service is only available to customers on the island of Ireland. Details of how to book a headpiece with us are provided below.
Please read through these terms and conditions carefully as it sets out the terms under which our Hat Hire Studio (the ‘Studio”) offers you the use of its hats. By hiring a hat from the Studio, you agree that you have read and accept these terms and conditions and they shall apply to your use.
- The hat(s) remain the property of the Studio at all times.
- The full hat hire fee of the hat is payable on reservation.
- In the event that the booked headpiece has not been returned from a previous hire or has been returned in a damaged condition immediately prior to the booked date, the customer will be given the option of choosing an alternative replacement headpiece but obviously this will not be identical to the original booked headpiece (as we do not hold an identical headpiece for any headpiece in our collection), or the Hire Fee (together with delivery charges and deposit, if relevant) paid will be refunded. The Studio is not liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of a hat or headpiece not being available due to circumstances outside of its control.
- Cancellation Policy: Once a headpiece has been booked, a refund will not be given for the hire fee if the booking is cancelled. However, provided that at least 7 days notice is given before the event date, a credit for the hire fee paid, will be given for a cancellation which can be used towards another hire by that customer within the following 12 months. This credit is not transferable.
- Once a headpiece has been collected for hire or delivered, it is considered a hire, even if it not worn or your event is cancelled and there will be no refund.
- The HIRE DURATION is usually for THREE days, and the headpiece should be returned (or posted/couriered) back on the next working day after the event date. If the headpiece is not returned within this period, there will be an extra charge for an extra hire, and the Refundable Security Deposit (see below) will be forfeited. Arrangements can be made in advance for a longer hire duration by agreement.
- Where a headpiece has been booked for collection in person:- The collection of hired headpieces from the Studio usually takes place on Thursdays & Fridays each week by appointment only. Obviously, this is flexible if the headpiece is required for a Thursday or Friday event. Customers are asked to contact the Studio on the Monday of the week of the event to arrange a suitable collection time.
- Where a headpiece has been booked for delivery by courier:- Collection of headpieces being delivered by DHL is usually scheduled for Monday/Tuesday where the booking is for the weekend. No guarantee is given as to the delivery time because delivery is outside of our control once the hat-box is collected by DHL from our Studio but normally delivery is 1-2 days and you will receive a Tracking Number. The Studio will not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver due to circumstances which are outside of its control or for any damage or injury caused by the misuse of the hat or caused to the hat during delivery or transit.
- The REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT (see below) will be refunded on the safe return of the headpiece (and hat box), provided it is returned within the Hire Duration and in the same condition to that in which it was hired.
- In cases where the headpiece is not returned or there is damage to the headpiece (including grease, make-up, tears, rain damage, or damage to or loss of embellishment) or if it is not returned within the hire duration, the Refundable Ssecurity Deposit will not be refunded and will be forfeited. While Irish weather is always unpredictable, care should be taken not to expose a hat/headpiece to the rain and it should be kept under an umbrella at all times as all hats/headpieces are very vulnerable if subjected to rain. Care should be taken if the headpiece is on elastic, as they rarely break but if your hair is long, pop it up in a bun when putting on the headpiece to prevent stretching it too much, causing it to snap. If a headpiece is damaged beyond repair, the customer will obliged to pay the cost of replacement and the security deposit will be taken into account in calculating the balance payable. Under no circumstance should the customer attempt to clean any hats themselves.
- All hat boxes must be returned and in the same condition as when collected. Please do not attach tape etc to the box. When returning a hat by Courier, the hat box must be wrapped in protective packaging prior to attaching the shipping label. Part of the Refundable Security Deposit (€10) will be forfeited if the Hat Box has been damaged due to not being wrapped properly prior to shipping.
- If returning a headpiece by registered post or courier, headpieces must be packaged securely (and insured to the value with proof of postage if by registered post). Until the headpiece is received back safely to the Coach House Studio it is the responsibility of the hirer. Please do not put tape directly on the hat box if posting back & package the hat box within protective packaging.
- If returning the headpiece in person, please contact the Studio to arrange an appointment to do so.
- While many of the headpieces in the hire collection are unique, the Studio also offers a Bespoke Service and a Ready-to-Wear collection for sale, so obviously it cannot be guaranteed that there will be no headpiece of similar shape/style at the event you attend.
- The Studio may modify the price, content or nature of the hat hire service at any time. We may provide notice of any such changes by email, text message or by publishing them on this website. The Studio may discontinue the Hat Hire Service at any time in which circumstance, the hat hire fee paid will be refunded.
HOW TO BOOK A HEADPIECE:
- Contact us:
Please feel free to contact us to arrange an appointment at the Studio to try on our headpieces and book a headpiece in person.
Alternatively, if you wish to book online, contact us using the Contact Form below, or by telephone on 086-2320601 or email to email@example.com to check if your chosen headpiece is available for the date of your event. You can browse our Hat Hire Collection on our website.
In your enquiry, please provide the following information:
- Product Code / Name of the headpiece;
- Date of the event for which it is required;
- Whether you will collect the headpiece from the studio in person or require same to be couriered. We also offer a pre-arranged return courier service, so let us know if you require a courier service one-way or return.
If it is available, it can be booked in advance of the event date.
Booking a headpiece which will be collected in person:- If you are collecting the headpiece in person, a payment link will be sent to you and the headpiece can be booked on payment of the relevant HIRE FEE by you. See individual product listings for details of hire fees. All hire fees listed are based on collection of the headpiece in person from the Coach House Studio for the 3 day Hire Duration. In addition, on collection of the headpiece from the Studio, a REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT of €50 will be payable (see below).
Booking a headpiece for courier:- If you require the headpiece to be couriered to you by DHL, a payment link will be sent to you and the headpiece can be booked on payment of (1) the relevant HIRE FEE, (2) the REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT of €50 (see below) and (3) the SHIPPING FEE (usually €24 for DHL with pre-paid return within Ireland). The headpiece is then shipped to you before your event date.
REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT
A REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT will be payable on booking your headpiece (if being couriered to you) or on collection of your headpiece (if being collected in person from the studio). The deposit is normally €50.
This Security Deposit will be refunded on the safe return of the headpiece (and hat box), provided it is returned in the same condition to that in which it was hired.
In cases where the headpiece is not returned or there is damage to the headpiece (including grease, make-up, tears, rain damage, or damage to or loss of embellishment) or if it is not returned within the hire duration, the deposit will not be refunded. While Irish weather is always unpredictable, care should be taken not to expose a hat/headpiece to the rain and it should be kept under an umbrella at all times as all hats/headpieces are very vulnerable if subjected to rain. Care should be taken if the headpiece is on elastic, as they rarely break but if your hair is long, pop it up in a bun when putting on the headpiece to prevent stretching it too much, causing it to snap.
If a headpiece is damaged beyond repair, the customer will obliged to pay the cost of replacement and the security deposit will be taken into account in calculating the balance payable.
Please use the form below if you have any further enquiries about Hat Hire.